Documents Necessary for Completing Insurance
- A full completed proposal form.
- Click here to download the appropriate form; Private Car, Motorcycle, Commercial Vehicle, Special Types (The form may be completed at an IMB Office if more convenient)
- Proof of ownership - A bill of sale, including customs entry and bill of lading if vehince is an import or the Vehicle Registration disc.
- Valid Driver's Licences for all drivers.
- Proof of No Claims discount from previous insurers.
- A Medical certificate (for any driver who is seventy years of age or older).
- Click Here to Download form
- Motor Engineer's Report (required if vehicle has a salvage title).
- It is also a requirement that the vehicle be brought to our office for inspection unless purchased brand new from a dealer in The Bahamas.
- A fully complete Home Insurance Proposal Form. Click here to download the appropriate form. (The form may be completed at an IMB Office if more convenient)
- Your most recent appraisal.
- Whilst not a requirement per se, you may wish to complete an inventory of your contents, making note of any individual 'High Risk' Items* with a value exceeding $2,500.
- Click here for our Contents Inventory Form to assist you.
- *High Risk Items are TV, Personal Computers, Audio and Video Equipment, Jewellery, Watches, Clocks, Articles of precious metal (other than jewellery), pictures, works of art, curios, collections and photographic equipment.
- Receipt, valuation or appraisal of each item with a value exceeding $1,000 that is to be insured under Section 3 - "All Risks" Specified Items.